Can you explain the difference between Information Management, Information Systems and Information Technology?
Question by Mig4: Can you explain the difference between Information Management, Information Systems and Information Technology?
I’m currently revising for accounting exams and I’m having real trouble differentiating between them. I can summise that information technology relates to the equipment used to facilitate IS/IM, but mainly I don’t understand the fundamental difference between IS/IM. If you can help then that’d be great. Thanks.
Answer by draciron
In general the terms are used interchangably. IT being the umbrella term most often used to describe all facets of computer based work. Information systems tends to be used a bit more for old mainframe big iron type setups that have a large central core of functionality. Information management is possibly used more often in data warehousing but I’ve not seen any strong trend towards that.
Add your own answer in the comments!
Incoming search terms:
- between management information systems and information technology (1)
- differentiate between information system and information technology (1)
- differentiate between information technology and information system (1)
- information management information technology difference (1)
- what is difference between information technology and business management information technolgy (1)
- What is the difference between emerging technology and innovative technology (1)
- what is the difference between Information systems and computer science (1)
- What is the difference between information technology and information systems (1)
- What is the difference between IT and information systems? (1)
- different between iNFORMATION ECHNOLOGY AND INFORMATION MANGMENTand im (1)